Performance : Task Orders : Task Order Request

Task Order Request

Check with your Consultant Services Unit for the established procedure for requesting a task order in your district.

A Consultant Services Unit (CSU) is able to process requests for task orders when the need has been documented with a valid Project ID in the workload database. In districts or regions where the contract managers do not reside in the functional units, task order request forms may be used to communicate what is required by the functional units.

If needed, the functional unit may follow these steps to request a task order:

  1. The requestor completes the Request for Consultant Services ("task order request") and emails it to the appropriate supervisor.

  2. When approved, the supervisor emails the request to the appropriate CSU contract manager for processing.

Questions the contract manager should ask when contract utilization is requested:

  • Does the contract have enough unused "authority" to address the cost of the task order?
  • Is the scope of the task order within the scope of the contract?
  • Is the schedule for the task order within the contract period of performance?
  • Does the program or division (such as maintenance or planning) requesting the services currently have the funds required to encumber the task order?
  • Will you be able to meet your future commitments without the forfeited "authority"?

Task Order (TO) Created in Advantage

A&E master contracts using the MA documents do not encumber funds in Advantage. Task orders using the TO documents result In the encumbrance of funds. All A&E contracts and Task Orders must be recorded in Advantage

The only allowed modification to A&E contracts in Advantage that results in a change to prior year encumbrances is a shift of encumbrances between task orders under the same contract that does not result in any increase in encumbrances or change in funding sources.

For instruction on how to create a Task Order (TO) in Advantage see How To Record a Task Order (TO) for Master Agreements (MA).